Monday, October 25, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
So if there's an important event in your child's life or there is something that you need to do, do it. I think you can do it within the context of your business responsibilities. I think you can do it by working it out with your boss. But don't come to regret having missed some of these hallmark events. But you can't do all of them, and I think making some of those choices is important."
The key takeaways here are that:
- There is no perfect balance
- Some days your family wins, some day your work wins, it all evens out so long as you....
- Make the right choices for you
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- Median income for part-timers was down double digits in every jurisdiction in the region from 2007-2009
- Median pay for women who work part-time in the region fell from the highest in the region to 4th place (men fell from 2nd to 7th place)
- From 2007-2009, median pay for women working part time fell 22% in The District and a whopping 24% (the worst in the region) for women in Fairfax County, my own backyard (compared to a 10% decline in Va. Beach and a 9% decline in Atlanta)